Saturday, July 21, 2007

Wales 2002



This is my good friend, Barrie and her husband David. I have known Barrie since we were in Junior High School . She sat behind me in class, and used to giggle and make me laugh all the time.






Her husband, David, is Welsh, and right now, they live in Wales...We went to see them in 2002, and we had a nice stay for 9 days with them! Tori was only 10 and we had so much fun going to see the beautiful countrysides, and rolling green hills. Barrie makes me laugh and keeps me humble..she's a wonderful friend and I am so glad that we've renewed our friendship!



This is Tori in their backyard. Barrie said that the previous owners had a horse, and this is where the horse was kept. It was really small inside, but I guess they must have had a girl who loved horses...just like Tori..!







Barrie and David live near Cardiff. This is the building of Cardiff Castle along the outer wall. It had a large open room at the bottom and people were sitting at round tables outside in the nice sunshine drinking coffee.
WE had spectacular sunshine and weather while our visit to Wales..which David told us that they have about 5 days of sunshine....which we planned perfectly to coincide with our trip! It was absolutely beautiful. This church is where Roahl Dahl was christened. Barrie thinks it was moved from it's original location to the seaside here in Wales. It was in a pier area, and there is a lovely view of the bay.

No comments: