Sunday, August 26, 2007

Grandma

I really wanted to put this in a family spot, but I realized, that I didn't have a family blog...

So, the dilemma was WHERE to put family photos?

so, this is where this is going to go...

This was taken around 1936. The little boy is my dad. He's probably around 2. The picture is as follows from the left where my dad is.


My grandpa, Rokuro Watanabe, my grandmother, Katsuye, my dad's uncle on Pierce, Jukichi (sitting) and then Tomio. (standing) I can't remember the other uncle's name (except, I think he's the one that lived on Pierce St in Sylmar)...geesh..see, why you need to write down names? All except my dad are gone now. Tomio-san, passed away last year in August. My dad started writing down his biography, and I can see why he has started. The memories are all we have left now...


This is my grandparents, My dad is next to my Grandpa, and My uncle Kinjiro is next to Grandma. Grandma is holding Uncle Bob, and Uncle Yosh is standing in front of my grandpa. Uncle Takeshi passed away in camp, so this must have been taken after they got out of the Internment camps at Manzanar.

No comments: